Sunday, October 15, 2006

The end of a busy week

Its Sunday which really means a new week is about to start...but in reality, the new week is likely to be less busy than this past one. Last weekend I was in Golden, enjoying a relaxing three day weekend. Didn't really do anything exciting but it was great to get away from H-town and work.

The beginning of the week seemed to be off to a rather slow start when I decided to do something about it and help out a co-worker who has a lot of things happening. Well that added to my workload but its good to be helping out and have something to contribute. I guess what really added to the week's activities is the past few days....it all started Thursday night when I went to a professional organization's Executive Night. It was pretty cool. I got to see a lot of people from school and work. I also met our EVP for North and South America. Then Friday, I spent the afternoon helping out at a charity golf tournament. It was a lot of fun, driving around the links selling beer to the golfers. I am reminded how many people in this industry in particular play golf....perhaps I need to take it up? Well as much fun as it was...yesterday was more fun. I was invited to another industry org.'s picnic. It was a lot of fun basically spend the morning/afternoon playing games, eating bbq, and socializing. Another plus was that my pumpkin cookies (see the recipe posted) were the hit of the picnic. Then yesterday evening I had dinner with a friend from Mines who just moved here. It was nice to catch up.

Well apart from all the social group/professional org. activities of this past week, things are going well and I have been keeping myself busy with a new book I bought for the plane ride from Denver. Its called "The Historian" and it is amazing. Its about Dracula. I would recomend it to anyone looking for something good to read, particularly with Halloween around the corner. It is a mix of fact and fiction, with various character's stories intertwined in a race through Eastern Europe and Turkey on a quest to find the location of Dracula and his tomb.

No comments: