Friday, October 06, 2006

Clear Plastic Bags Make a Safety Difference

Ok. I know its all the in the name of safety and national security (and therefore we cant argue) but really, if my liquid/gel is not in a one quart sized clear ziplock plastic bag is it that much more dangerous! Perhaps we are to feel safer since we have to jump through a bunch of hoops to fly these days but clear plastic bags....not making me feel safer. What would make me feel safer is catching Osama Bin Laden. Novel Idea!

In case you are unaware of what I am talking about, among the ever growing list of safety rules surrounding carrying bagage into an airplane cabin, there is the new rule that any liquids and gels must be under 3 ounces (I can live with that) and MUST be carried in a clear one quart sized ziplock bag. Even if you only have one liquid/gel it must be in a bag. And if you dont have a bag its getting thrown away.

1 comment:

RivenDni said...

Yes. There's a magical barrier that's installed on all Ziplocks which make liquids less dangerous when they pass through it. The chemicals are returned to their normal state when they are removed and passed back through the same barrier.