Friday, January 12, 2007

Top Ten London - PartTwo

To continue.....



5) Trips outside the city ~ Ok perhaps they dont belong on a list of "Top Ten London" but really one of the cool things about this trip to the UK was getting outside the city and visiting Windsor Castle (a royal residence for over 900 years) and Bath.
You cant take pics inside the castle so all I have are outside shots but it was really awesome and worth a day trip (or half day if your like us and sleep in). Bath was also cool, we only saw the Roman Baths and the Abbey then walked around the city. There are many more museums that we didn't get to.

6) Food ~ I never thought I would say that a top ten thing about London was the food but its suprisingly true. I think my favorite was L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon (five stars, lamb chops were outstanding, mashed potatoes out of this world, I wish I could have gotten 10 of the prawns). Also good were the Butcher and Grill (pork chops were excellent), the Savoy (Christmas Dinner), and Browns (gotta have fish and chips). Of course for places easy on the wallet Wagamama is great noodle bar and La Tasca is good for their selection of Tapas (yum!). I'm sure I'm forgetting some but the food in London has definitaly improved in the past few years.

7) Shopping ~ Well let's face it most girls like to shop, in keeping with that tradition....I really like ot buy clothes in the UK . I dont know why but they just seem to be very smart in style and fit. Although you have to be careful since the size scales are different from the US. My favorites are Next for work stuff and Monsoon for more casual / fun clothes.

ok I'm about to be kicked out of my apartment computer lab so ...till next time.......

No comments: