Monday, March 06, 2006

Swan Lake

Saturday I went to see the Houston Ballet of Swan Lake. It was really good, even though one of the guys fell in the beginning. I sat in the balcony, and was actually pretty far up. It was good because I got a great view of the ensemble dances, like all the swans etc. but I would have prefered something closer to see the individual dances. The scenery and costumes were pretty good (from my uneducated view). Although I was a little confused as to why there was a dragon at the end because it didnt really seem to serve a purpose in terms of plot, as far as in this version.

Its nice to be in a big enough city and have the time (and money) to attend cool theater stuff. Did you know..."The Houston Theater District is ranked second in the nation for the number of theater seats in a concentrated downtown area and is one of only five cities with permanent professional resident companies in all of the major performing arts disciplines of opera, ballet, music, and theater. " Who would have thought that Texas and culture could mix :).

The ballet was my highlight for last week. Other than that I have been recovering from a cold I caught in Colorado. No new move announcements. Keeping my fingers crossed for now. Work is going well but nothing out of the ordinary. Well, Thats all for Now.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swan Lake? Dragon? Hmm. Must be a Texas thing! Still, it is nice to get out and about in the cultural scene. You seem to be having some excellent experiences. Would love to read about more of them. A question though, did the dance have a real plot??? Just remembering all the "musicals we went to in London that were just ways to hear the music. Do they have a nice Art Museum there too? It is always nice to talk to you or to read your blog.